Dextran sulfate LS
by TdB Labs
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com if you would like to receive a quote, place a bulk order or if you wish to place your order manually.
CAS Number: 9011-18-1
Dextran sulfates are produced by sulfation of selected dextran fractions. TdB Labs produce low sulfated dextran sulfates from 5 kDa to 500 kDa.
The dextran sulfate is supplied as the sodium salt and is stabilised by a small addition of phosphate salts. A certificate of analysis is supplied with each batch. The molecular weight range, sulfur content, moisture etc. are carefully controlled.
Can’t find what you are looking for? We can always produce a customised product for you.
Dextran is a polysaccharide derived from the bacterium Leuconostoc mesenteroides B512F and consists of an α-D-(1 – 6) linear glucan with a low content (ca. 5%) of sidechains linked to the 3-carbon of glucose. Dextran sulfate is a sulfated derivative of selected dextran fraction. The sulfate content of our low sulfated dextran sulfates lies between 8 to 13 %.
Storage and Storage and stability
Dextran sulfate is stable for more than 6 years when stored dry in well-sealed containers at ambient temperature
Dextran sulfate is readily soluble in water.
Dextran sulfate have a wide range of applications areas and properties. Some examples are:
- Anti-coagulation agent in cell media
- Selective precipitation of lipoproteins
- Acceleration of DNA hybridisation.
- Releasing DNA from DNA-histones complexes
- Inhibition tRNA-binding to ribosomes
- Inhibition of ribonucleases
- Anti-viral properties
- Used in cosmetics for anti-inflammation properties and osmotic retention of water
- Separation of microorganisms and macromolecules
- Adjuvant in vaccines
- Studies of perm selectivity of membranes
If you need larger quantities please contact us for a bulk quotation.